When throwing an in-person house party is not an option, you can always turn to the Houseparty app – a free group video chat tool available for iOS and Android users, and in the form of a Chrome extension. By making the most of the Houseparty app, you can videochat with up to 8 buddies simultaneously and enjoy playing online games together. Find more details about the tool in the Houseparty app review below.
Houseparty: What Makes It Stand Out
One of the benefits of the Houseparty app is that it allows you to be spontaneous. Skype, WhatsApp, and FaceTime require you to ‘call’ your contacts. ZOOM Meetings is primarily business-oriented. While Houseparty is perfect for relaxed, go-with-the-flow in-person convos. It’s a virtual place (a party) you can attend, crash, and have a blast at.
Here’s what people love about the Houseparty app:
- Instant video chatting with pals: the app helps you create a network of friends by using your phone, Facebook, and Snapchat contact data.
- Spur-of-the-moment group hangouts: hang out with your friends without having to plan or schedule any meetings, just invite your pals for a virtual party – as casual as it sounds.
- Notifications when buddies are online: the tool notifies you when friends from your phone or social media contacts join Houseparty; also, the app allows you to invite your friends to Houseparty via a notification.
- Playing online games: the app allows you to play online games with your friends during video chats.
- Recording & sending brief video messages: make the most of this feature to invite a friend to join your party.
That being said, by taking advantage of Houseparty, you can set up a live-stream with a single tap and get in touch with your pals in a snap.
More Details on How Houseparty Works
Whenever you launch the Houseparty app, you’re instantly connected with your contacts. That allows you to start a group chat in mere seconds. Looking to have a private chat with your buddy? ‘Lock’ the chatroom so others can’t join it (highly recommended). When someone who is not in your Houseparty contacts starts a chat with you, a notification is displayed, allowing you to leave the conversation – or hook up with someone else.
Houseparty allows you to exchange photos with your contacts and even exchange the so-called ‘side texts’ – private messages that disappear within 24 hours. From a privacy standpoint, the app is similar to other video-chatting software. Therefore, sharing a virtual hang via Houseparty is relatively safe. If the privacy issue is your ultimate concern, feel free to review the Houseparty data-sharing policies before you dive in.
Keep in mind that if you want to enjoy all the goodies the Houseparty app has to offer, you’re going to need to use it on your smartphone or tablet. There’s a desktop Houseparty version as well, but it won’t please you with the outstanding functionality the mobile app flaunts.
If you’re looking to stay in touch with your friends or family while traveling or just want to get to know the folks in your address book better, you’ll definitely have fun using the Houseparty app. The tool totally breaks new ground when it’s about video chatting, allowing its users to share unique moments and experiences with those they love. So get the app today and party on!
- Excellent video chat tool for casual ‘partying’ with friends
- Integrated friends list from your smartphone’s address book
- Free high-quality video calls
- Secure connection
- Easy recording features
- The app does not inform you if you are being recorded
- You may find yourself flooded with notifications (turn them off if they bother you)